Half our staff cannot log into the POS - RESOLVED

Anyone else having this problem?
error
Half of my staff here today cannot log into the POS! I’ve tried deleting and re-adding them, still not working.

Picture attached shows the error message.

1 Like

We are fine.

We just went through this and it turned out that our iPad was too old to handle the POS, it needs to be a 5th or 6th generation with an IOS system of 11 or higher.

Hope this helps.

Check to see if you can login to backend of winedirect but not the POS. I changed Admin access from “master” to “domain” and that seemed to work fine for both.

Newest iPads, latest iOS, and latest version of WineDirect. Thanks!

Not going to make my entire staff domain users! We have security groups in place to prevent our staff from refunding, etc.

Well, maybe just try adjusting one user and see if that works. At least then you can follow up with tech support where the issue may lie.

Hey @rmcguire!

It looks like this error will happen if there is a basic admin with all permissions enabled. The request size is then too large. For now, disabling some permissions (or changing them to a domain admin) should fix the issue.

We hope this helps.

Best,

Kyle
WineDirect

Interesting!

None of the affected users are basic admins, and they all have most permissions disabled in the user group, and none enabled in the security section of the user page. Am I misunderstanding something?

FYI I’m running POS on a couple older iPads (a regular and a mini) on iOS 10.x without issues. Staff are basic users with permissions and I don’t use security groups.

That’s assuming tech support will actually get back to me! Still waiting…

RESOLVED

Here was the issue:

We had set up security groups for our part-time TR staff. The idea was that they would be users that would only be able to use the POS, and not use the admin panel at all. So I checked all the checkboxes under the Menu Restrictions in the security group I created.

This worked well for a few years, but apparently something changed, and now having every box checked overloads something in the POS.

The solution was to deselect all sub menu items to reduce the total number of check boxes to a number that the POS could handle. Also, it turns out that if you select the main menu check box, you don’t need to select any of the sub menus.

Hope this helps someone else!

1 Like

Thank you!

I have been experiencing the same problem for the last week.

Just wanted to chime in and say that we have also made some adjustments on our end so that this error won’t pop up regardless of how many restrictions are checked off :slight_smile:

1 Like