New checkout

Hi, we are apparently unable to use conditional (dynamic) pricing with the old checkout so we need to go to the new checkout. New checkout has its limitations such as if a customer has no shipping address, customer is unable to “use billing” address (as per old checkout). So customer has to enter all details again.
Any thoughts.
Thanks.

1 Like

The checkout asks for shipping first and then later you have the opportunity to choose to use the shipping address as billing.

Great idea if a new customer however we have just started using WD and have imported thousands of customers with only billing address (unable to import shipping address using import tools).

You could try using the steps for a fake club to import the shipping addresses for your existing non-club customers.

https://documentation.vin65.com/Settings/Import/Export/Address-Book-Importer#create-a-fake-club

Thanks for the suggestion. We have considered fake c.card numbers but decided against it due to same reasons noted. Apparently import tools are being modified to allow club shipping address import without c.card… wip.
Cheers.

I’ve been on here for so long that I don’t remember what it was like to import stuff, but back in the day I had plenty of members with only a billing address, and plenty of those members are still members with no changes. And I have newer members with only a billing address. I didn’t have this issue changing to the new checkout. I have to wonder what’s going on.

Unable to use billing address for shipping This in the preview of new checkout, may be okay once using it… not sure.

You are able to switch on the new checkout, try it, and if it isn’t right, turn it off. Double check the docs on that…

1 Like

My biggest criticism of the New Checkout tools is that if a user adds an item to their cart and goes directly to checkout to use a shipping discount promo, it will greet them with an error until they select a shipping option. In the old tools, they merely need to enter in a shipping state, which is always present in the UI. In the new tools, they have to fill out the billing information and then move to the next section to trigger this.

Lots of confusion here. Would like to see at least a different error message like “Please enter in shipping information for this promo to apply.” The fine folks at WineDirect have recommended we submit an idea for this bug.

#userexperience

@Andrea @jose

2 Likes

So odd that you have to point out UX issues and submit a bug as an 'idea.

I have designer/developer issues with the ‘New Checkout’ as well, and I’ve submitted an ‘idea’. Vote for it if you’d like! https://ideas.winedirect.com/ideas/MISC-I-1274

1 Like

@ElJefe That’s only for longtime Vin65/WineDirect customers like yourself. :wink: Sites that were created after October 5, 2017 won’t have the option of enabling Modern Checkout or disabling and going back to the “old” checkout.

2 Likes

Coming across this today, and it is sort of a bummer…

Another weird thing is that there’s no obvious way to remove a promo after a customer applies it. The system will let you put in a different one, and if they don’t couple, it will go with whatever discount is bigger, but there should be an option to remove a code like most ecommerce platforms offer.

1 Like