Promo code locking up cart

Is it possible to have a promo code that will discount x number of items but still allow the customer to buy more, just not discounted? I.e - promo code PARTY allows club member to receive 2 event tickets for $0, but allows them to buy as many more as they want at full price? I cannot figure out how to do this in the builder.

You could potentially do this by restricting the promo code to certain products only.

What may work better is to go into the Event Ticket product, then Manage SKUs and add another SKU. Make one $0 and have a limit of 2 and then price the other one however you want and put whatever limit they want.

Then they can add their two free tickets and then as many paid tickets as they want.

If it doesn’t need to have a coupon code involved this works:
Set up a 1 time use promo that takes x off orders of from 1 to 2 of the select products (ticket SKU).

Then make another one time use that takes x off the order total if they have 3 to 200 of the select products. For this one it would be ‘off the order total’. For the top one it could be either way.

It isn’t perfect but might work fine for you.

2 Likes

I tried this; One product, two skus. One sku is for club, one for non-club. Created promo code for club that gave 100% off on up to 2. The other sku is pay only. In cart, you see the two skus. If I put in 2 for the club and apply promo code, it works. If I put in 2 for club and 2 for non club, the cart says “your promo code is not valid for this transaction”

You could always set them up as two entirely separate SKUs, then…or rely on the honor system.

You can’t have two promos with the same coupon code, is that what you’re trying to do? It lets you save them that way (lazy validation by programmers), but they never work.

The only other things I can think of is that when you added more, you broke meeting the criteria of the club promo.

or maybe you typed in 2 promo codes that are not coupled and that would mean that only the best valued applies.