Categories

I have some members in certain categories. Even thought I have changed them out of that particular category, when I list build for that category they are still showing up in the date. And they shouldn’t be. Can someone explain. Julie

hi - I’ve seen it explained someplace but I can’t find it now. Unless something has changed lately, for some reason list builder will cache lists, so once you generate a list it sticks around for a while. If you ask it to generate the list again right away, it will just hand you the list it did before. I think the list sticks around for about 30 minutes before it flushes out (@carisenr or @DanPendergast?) . Try making a brand new list and then generate and see what happens.

It’s possible that it is cached. As Jeff mentioned, we don’t refresh our list right away. For example, say you have a List containing Contact Type A and Contact Type B and generate a list. If you add a person to one of the Contact Types and generate the list again, the person will not be included in that list for 30 minutes.

If you need the list to be updated right away, what you can do is edit the list in some way. For example, add a 3rd contact type, Contact Type C and generate the list. Then remove Contact Type C and generate the list again. That latest list should include the person you added without having to wait 30 minutes.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

If you are wondering why this had to happen, I think it had to do with ensuring the most efficient use of WineDirect(Vin65’s) servers. If you assume that out of 1500+ wineries, that perhaps 50 of them are making a list at the same time, and testing it and re-requesting the list to be updated, the requests can be made multiple times before the list can completely generate and could’ve caused server crashes in the past. The 30 minute delay is likely a precaution to prevent downtime and server overload.