Completing "pending" order if there is now inventory?

We ran our monthly club shipment orders, but forgot to update the inventory in the pool that it draws from.

Some orders went through, but now we have a bunch of “pending” orders. Can anyone tell me really quick how to fulfill those orders now that the software knows that there is inventory?

Thanks!

I’d go into the club processing batch that had the problem, click the ‘order processing’ tab and try to re-process the whole batch, but I haven’t tried that before…

Pending orders are dead. Try re-running the batch.

This will process orders, for the customers that had the sku error but it won’t clear out the pending orders in the customer order history, I think. It will create a new order number.

Right. Pending orders are dead and never go away. You also get pending orders for declines, and a myriad of other reasons. When you try a batch again you get new orders. That’s just how it works.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the help. We got it all worked out.

We don’t have the inventory problem often with our twice yearly wine club, but our monthly club sometimes has a new release that is “in” the system, but not really completely updated in the system such as inventory.

Thanks again.

One thing I’ve started doing at the winery I work for now is setting inventory to backorder rather than automatically deactivate products once they reach zero inventory. It would have saved you in this case, because orders would still have gone through and you could figure out the rest of the inventory logistics later. It works if you know that you truly have plenty of wine . . .

It wouldn’t have been acceptable in other wineries I worked for that had more stringent inventory systems, but we each have unique situations, especially in very small wineries, and luckily the system can accommodate.

To complete the pending orders I think you would have had to pull them up one by one and “edit” them to complete them in the admin panel, or “resume” and complete them in POS. I do that periodically for club declines and other pending orders, but it would not have been worth the effort in this case.

Glad you were able to work it out this time.

1 Like