Gift Card Email - Verification of Successful Send?

I just noticed this morning that there’s no record in the billing profile (aka the gift card giver’s account) of a successful send of the Gift Card Email, which has the code for the recipient to use, who the gift is from, gift message, etc.

I went to double check because I’ve had ongoing problems for years with the recipient actually receiving the email - and yes, the gift giver did properly enter the recipient’s email address at the time of purchase. I saw the order come over, flagged it for review, and then realized, there’s nothing in the email history for either the gift giver or recipient (the recipient happens to be an existing customer of ours, so I double checked there, no email record there).

I talked to Support, who I’m not sure sees this as a priority since I don’t have confirmation from the recipient whether or not he received the email or not… wouldn’t that be an odd customer service moment, “Hey, just making sure you got our email?! Can you tell me if it actually worked??” No thanks! Anyway, Support says currently there is no way to see on our end if the email sent or not, due to the changes made when Physical Gift Cards were added.

In the past, I hear about issues with the email going out months later when it’s too late, and the gift giver is angry when they realize their friend never got their gift! As a safety net now, every time I sell a gift card, I send the email from my direct email address to be sure.

This is not a sustainable practice, and I know I have read issues for years about the gift card email functionality. Is anyone having proven success with the emails that they know of?

I haven’t tested on my own account since the change to Physical Gift Cards, which we also use, but even if I test on my own account with success, it’s still a problem to me that I can’t check in Vin65’s email records to verify if an email has gone out or not. Again, goes back to the issues with emails in Vin65 spread out all over the place - to send one type of email, go to this portion of the software, to send another one, go to this other area. Email should be consolidated in one place and it would help issues like this immensely! OK, this is becoming a rant now…

I promised Support I would raise this topic here to feel out everyone else’s experiences. I hope this is an isolated incident, but based on past discussions I’ve read here, I don’t think it is. Thanks all.

2 Likes

I’ve raised this before as well. We should also get a notification in the event of a bounce on the recipient email.

When I have the opportunity I usually recommend the giver send the gift to themselves and then forward it to the recipient. But I don’t always have that opportunity…

1 Like

I thought you had! But couldn’t find the chain easily, so I started over, sorry about that.

Well, I’m glad to know I’m not totally crazy and not the only one who finds this to be an issue… At least I have that going for me! :grin:

I may have raised it in the olde place or maybe directly, no worries. And we might both be crazy :wink:

1 Like

Oh, I’m definitely crazy, but I would rather be crazy over fun stuff, not Gift Card System Emails!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I could not agree with this more! We have had numerous issues of confusion that would have been easily solved had the email been recorded on the customer profile like all other emails we send.

2 Likes