How do can I be notified of new topics?

I’m trying to dial in notifications for this community. Basically, I’d like to be notified (get an email) of any new topic, but not of every new post (which is the only option I see in Preferences). Any ideas on how to make this happen? Then, if I’m interested in that topic, I’d like to somehow specify that if there are any new posts to that topic, send me an email. I could do both of those things easily with the Facebook group, but I’m clueless with this new forum.

1 Like

Hey Lise,

Below a post there should be a little tab that says ‘normal’ by default, you can click on it, and see a range of options.

To add to what Karson said, you can also change these settings on a category level. After clicking into the specific category, the same button is on the top right hand side.

1 Like

For the categories I am “tracking”, I am not only receiving one email for each new topic, but also an email for each new post on each new topic–and it’s the replies to the original posts that I don’t want to receive (unless I specifically “opt into” that new topic and change the topic’s status to tracking).

So tracking a categories gives me too many emails, yet normal is not enough! See what I mean?

1 Like

Hey Lise,

Any chance that you also have this setting checked off in your account preferences?

1 Like

How did I miss that one? You were right!

1 Like