Is this google/chrome or vin65 doing this? (possible bug)

I love this address completion that is happening when I enter a new contact. Greatly reduces entry errors. Is this a Chrome thing or a Vin65 thing (“powered by Google”). See below.

I noticed a funny thing. I was correcting a PO Box address and hit Enter on the Address line to save it. When I did that it didn’t save and it erased the City, State, and Zip!

If this is something Vin65 can control, please fix it. If not, be careful out there!

We have gotten some unusual transfers into customer fields (we’ve suspected due to Chrome autofill) even before these dropdown options were visible) - billing address fields carrying over to shipping fields, sometimes even admin addresses populating customer email fields. Could Vin65 tag those fields differently to limit this?

What I’m seeing isn’t regular autofill, it seems to be more related to google maps pulling in addresses.

If you hit enter on the address line without selecting an address from the dropdown, it will clear out the existing address as you mentioned. If you don’t hit enter, or if you select the correct address from the dropdown, that shouldn’t happen. It won’t submit the ‘form’ though, so you can still hit cancel and re-edit if you find that it accidentally cleared.

I don’t believe this is a Chrome glitch as much as a quirk with the way the Google address tool is handling incomplete inputs.

Well, then, caveat editor! :wink: It’s a useful tool, saves some steps in data entry.