Glitch? Auto-Populating //Address// Field

I am setting up a Club Shipment email and am including some auto-populated fields.

I have all the fields except one working. For the //Address// field it keeps populating our winery address. This is happening in the body of the email before it is sent. For some reason //Address// is automatically turning into 799 Ponderosa Road, Oliver, BC, V0H 1T1.

I have also sent this to support, but thought I would see if anyone else had this happen.

I usually use the blobs, but lately I tested using these fields for future emails like this and had no problem. Sounds like something is mis-set. Pound on support. :wink:

1 Like

Hi all,

Lindsey and I sorted this out. What we learned from it is:

Please don’t name your Email Template Elements with any of the tags on here: https://documentation.vin65.com/Contacts/Email-Documents/Auto-Populating-Data-In-An-Email

If you have an element that is identical to one of the tags, in this case we had an email template element called Address, make sure you change it to “TemplateAddress” or something different. The system is getting confused when trying to pull the //Address// tag, since it is also an element in the template.

Cheers!

2 Likes