New Feature: PayPal Express Checkout

You can now add PayPal Express Checkout as a payment option on your website. We’ve fully integrated PayPal into the existing checkout flow, making it easy for your customers to use - and simple for you to collect payment. For more info - visit: http://info.winedirect.com/lp-paypal-modern-payments

Apple Pay and Amazon Pay or bust!

2 Likes

We’ve been using it for the last few months and it’s really been working well. If anyone has any questions about our experiences, let me know!

1 Like

I guess my questions are:

1. Is this just another payment option or does this sell more wine?
  2. What portion of your customers are choosing paypal to purchase?
  3. Do you get the sense that your customers really want this?
  4. Oh, and what is Paypal’s fee? (On ebay it’s something like 3.5% I think?)
  1. I can’t imagine it sells a ton of more wine, but it might sell a few bottles for customers that are wary about giving their CC to a random website. It’s very little work to integrate, so why not?
  2. Jan-Feb, we saw 8% of our website sales through Paypal.
  3. Yes. We sell a lot of event tickets, and we’ve seen an increase in ticket sales because of this.
  4. 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction
1 Like

My guess is this is supposed to unencumber the process, especially for impulse purchases. Rather than having to create an account or fill out a bunch of information, they can just log in to their Paypal account and get the process over with much quicker. WineDirect probably has data where they could track whether fewer people abandon their carts on sites that offer Paypal integration.

I still think there are bigger fish to fry in this realm, as I mentioned above.

I’d be game for both!

So first off, they still have to fill out shipping and billing and all that. WD doesn’t pull that in from PayPal.

That said, the advantage to consumers of not having to expose their credit card to yet another website seems substantial. With those other bigger fried fish, it should only get better.

Hey PayPal’ers, How has this integration been working for you? Any additional or new insights you would like to pass on? Any issues with refunding the transaction fees? Thanks!

We gave it a good shot, but we had issues and ended up disabling it. It was a bummer because a lot of customers used it.

We were experiencing duplicate transactions quite regularly with Paypal only. We worked with WineDirect support for months and they were unable to resolve the issue.

2 Likes