Add Date to emailed Receipt

I just added this New Feature Request after I had to explain to yet another customer we were not shipping their recent Tasting Room purchase to them. It happens often.

Please add timestamp and date to the receipts. AT LEAST date Please Please Please. We email receipts and the customers come across them days later and wonder why we are shipping them the wine they just purchased.

1 Like

Order is on hold until Mar 1, 2017 due to a customer request.

Club Member: ā€œI didnā€™t request that!ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™m a little unclear here. My POS setup lets me choose which email to send. The email I send makes it clear it was a TR purchase, and it evens has the date.

I would agree 100% that the time of day needs to be better exposed, at least in the admin panel - eg the order listing.

wow, you hit the nail on the head. They are receiving the wrong emails. It was a website order emailā€¦ It used to work just fine and I have different ones set up for the TR. Thank you! Off to solve the mystery.

On the "order is on hold" message. I went into resources and reworded the message to Order is on hold until //FutureShipDate// due to customer request or at Talley Vineyards discretion.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good tip!

Editing all the resources is a fun rabbit hole to get yourself lost in on a slow day.

1 Like

Many a time I have chased the rabbitā€¦

Where is this ā€˜resourcesā€™ area that you speak of??

Under Settings, it is actually called Resource Bundle.

When you adjust in the Resource Bundle have you actually seen a change to your email copy? I would love to see a screen shot if so.

I have tried that before and it adjusts how it ā€œtranslatesā€ in our cart, but not in emails. From what Support has told me, thereā€™s no way yet to change it the wording in order confirmation emails.

When I have put in Feature Requests, I have been told the developers are working on requests that actually help me sell more wine. Well, I waste time every week explaining annoying wording to customers, instead of selling wine, so does that count? :wink:

If you have hacked adjusting how the email reads, please let me know. Major source of frustration for me! Thanks so much!

I hate to say I didnā€™t look at the email and you are correct. It is NOT changed. Dang it! Well I will add a new feature request ASAP.

1 Like

I was really hoping I was wrong and you had hacked it! Thanks for submitting a feature requestā€¦ Strength in numbers!

1 Like

I am in the same place, I hate having to explain to customers. Iā€™ll put in a feature request too, itā€™s a HUGE pain in the butt and itā€™s a bad customer experience.

2 Likes