Adding a Button in E-Mail Documents

Having a challenge with inserting a Button into an e-mail document. There is not a direct HTML insert in the body of the document that I can see and when adding the code into the source it is only creating a link.

I think this used to work back in the day.

1 Like

A ‘button’ in html documents (which is what an email is) is generally just a button shaped picture that is clickable.

I find the best way to create buttons in emails is to use a button generator like this one.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I get that and normally I just use < a href=“yourlink” class=“linkBtn”>Your Button Text

However, the output of the new email templates is not showing a button it is just showing a hyperlinked text.

Sounds like you have something custom set up with a designer, you will probably need to talk to the designer to resolve this.

I was curious and looked at how the buttons were created when you used //TrackingButton// in a system email

They use a table to create the button. I think that may be your answer. Or use a graphic.

I think I understand your issue better now. You’re trying to create a button using this method?

I just gave it a test in both email documents and content editor, and it isn’t working for me either. Sounds like something in Wine Direct’s CSS has changed. I would suggest opening a ticket with support.

I either create a graphical button and link it, or I insert a table, add styles, text and hyperlinks. Like this:

BUY NOW

Yes, the class=“linkBtn” is only for the web pages, and doesn’t translate to emails. If you want a button, you need to make one. Easiest way to do this if you don’t have a designer, is google images for “buy button” or whatever you want it to say, then save that image off the iternet, then inset it like you would a photo, and link it to your page.

1 Like

This will provide you Outlook-proof CSS buttons and inline styling.

https://buttons.cm/

7 Likes

I came back just to say, THANKS guys. This has already been super useful. “Outlook-proof” is a bold statement, even for you @EdFarmCollective

1 Like