Mailchimp HTML to winedirect newsletter

Is anyone still trying to use different templates for the newsletter and if you are using MailChimp or something else how are you importing the HTML into the email document on wine direct? Thanks!

I haven’t done this in a long time, but when I did there was something about actually sending the email from Mailchimp to at least one person before I could get the HTML to show to copy to WineDirect.

I currently use a template that WineDirect gave as a basic newsletter with areas at the bottom for standard links to be on all emails.

It is awkward to work with WineDirect email, but it is so nice to be able to send them to segmented groups and not have to pay for more software to sync to MailChimp or do the syncing manually.

I plan to create my own “template” within WineDirect for emails, but for now we can at least function.

Blessings,
Betty

Just a warning on trying to do this, WineDirect and Mailchimp have different merge tags, so you will need to manually update them. On top of that, I’ve ween WineDirect mangle code and do things like remove doctypes, change image asset resolution, and bork font stylings. You’ll also need to inline your code before pasting into WineDirect:

https://inliner.cm

1 Like