Alternative Receipt Printers

Documentation shows that the only compatible thermal Receipt Printer is the Star TSP143LAN, but it looks like it’s a discontinued product and getting scarce. Are there any other compatible printers? For example: TSP100III LAN. It seems to be the direct replacement product for the 143LAN.

Hey, @rmcguire! Would you point me to a link that shows that the TSP143 is being discontinued? Here’s an Amazon link for the TSP143LAN (Edit: This is not from Star Micronics directly as I incorrectly asserted in my previous post). That’s a pretty good price and it’s Prime shipping!

1 Like

I actually have a feature request in to 3D print our receipts. Who’s with me?

3 Likes

Just dug a little deeper here.

If you go to Shopify’s page about the printer here and then you try to buy it from their recommended source here it redirects to the TSP100III page.

We’ll look into this more and respond to you here. If I were you, I’d pick up the TSP143LAN from Amazon while it’s still available (if it is indeed going somewhere).

Thanks Zach!

My assumption that it was discontinued was based on it being out of stock everywhere. I was searching for “TSP143LAN” and not finding much.

That link looks perfect, I’ll order that one. I’m assuming it’s the 143LAN? It doesn’t show the model number on the listing, but looks like the correct model.

1 Like

@EdFarmCollective I’m in. What’s the licensing like when you tell the TTB that you’re going to allow customers to order and 3D print bottles in sizes that they choose on the fly?

I personally ordered that item in June of this year (according to Amazon) so I know it’s the right one but just so you feel sure, the Model Number in the Amazon description is 39463110.

If you go to this page and click on the blue Models tab and cross reference that number, you see that it is indeed a TSP143LAN.

Here’s a terribly formatted version of that chart:

Part Number Model Description
39461310 TSP113U US TSP100, Thermal, Tear Bar, USB, Putty Int UPS
39461510 TSP113U GRY US TSP100, Thermal, Tear Bar, USB, Gray, Int UPS
39461210 TSP143U US TSP100, Thermal, Cutter, USB, Putty Int UPS
39461110 TSP143U GRY US TSP100, Thermal, Cutter, USB, Gray, Int UPS
39464610 TSP143L WHT US TSP 100, Thermal, Cutter, Ethernet, White, Int UPS
39463110 TSP143L GRY US TSP100, Thermal, Cutter, Ethernet, Gray, Int UPS

Screenshot of the table for good measure:

I think there are some reviews and questions that further corroborate this evidence as well!

1 Like

That’s some dam fine service right there. Appreciate all the help!

1 Like

I’d love to party with you.

2 Likes