Receipt fonts - very faint

Has anyone noticed the receipt font is now quite small and very faint? Any workarounds?
Thx

Yes. It improved somewhat when we removed the footer from the receipt but due to the small font size and the low print quality our receipts are still very difficult to read.

It’s that way on one of our printers, but not the other 3. I have no clue why.

@LeslieF @CarlaBosco @jimd

What kind of printers are you folks using?

This issue seems to be related to printing from the desktop/chrome POS to printers that are not our supported Star Micronics thermal printers.

As a fix to this, we’ve bumped up the receipt font size by a few pixels for you folks, which should have resolved the graininess issue with the font that you’ve been seeing.

I’ve not yet heard back on my feature request for Papyrus support on receipts.

3 Likes

They’ll get to it after they finish debugging Cuneiform. (With all the timeouts the clay tablets keep drying out…)

2 Likes

Hi Tudor,

We’re using the supported Star Micronics printer, and yes are connected to a desktop/Chrome POS. The problem persists – attached please see a receipt from a few moments ago.

Thanks,
Carla

EPSON M 244A

I too am having complaints from the customers and staff about how hard it is to read with the new font. I do like the fact that it now says which credit card merchant to make it easier to reconcile closing day sales. Any way to make this better???

1 Like

On Monday an associate inadvertently printed the EOD report on our “non-supported” Epson printer. It came out with beautiful print that was dark and readable.

Why can’t a dang receipt look that good? They’re barely legible.

@jimd @JessicaGamache @CarlaBosco

Hey folks, we pushed an update that should have resolved the issue for most cases, although we still need to confirm for EPSON printers.

It’s live right now, and after reloading your cache on desktop you should be able to see the changes.

But not ALL cases.

@EdFarmCollective Correct. Some people have been using non-thermal printers such as the EPSON TM-U200B (which is a charcoal printer), so we’re waiting on some hardware right now in order to assure a quality solution.

I was talking about Papyrus support.

1 Like

No change for us after clearing cache - Star Micronics printer.

@CarlaBosco I have reached out via email. :slight_smile:

Thank you, it is fixed!

2 Likes