Anyone started their website as ecommerce/club only then move to full site?

We had recently gotten a new website when we started with Vin65 so we chose to only do our eCommerce w/Club through them while using them also for our POS in the tasting room. Long story short it is a pain to get things updated on our website through our current website developer and want to migrate everything to Vin65 after all ((headache)). I’m having issues with the homepage because I can’t preview any changes I make (it redirects to our current full website for obvious reasons). I’ve reached out in support and keep being told we need to pay thousands to have someone do a re-design. We really feel we can do this ourselves but keep hitting a wall.
Anyone gone this route and can offer advice?

I’ve seen so many wineries, usually smaller ones, insist on forking their website like this. They’ll have their web developer—who enjoys recurring revenue—insist on it or they will set up their own site in Squarespace or something and try to pass users back in forth using sub-domains and CNAMEs. As you know, it’s a mess.

Vin65 isn’t going to port your website for free. You’ll need to map your existing design into the Vin65 framework. Here’s a great resource.

You may be able to just build off your existing store infrastructure, though, if the non-store portions of your website are in the same design as the store portion.

1 Like

Thanks for the input! We are going to be paying a few hundred for them to make our full website live once the time comes, we were just hoping to not have to pay thousands to migrate some content. I already migrated everything to our menu pages (about us, visit, etc.), the homepage is the only issue I’ve had because I can’t preview anything.
And YES doing it this way caused way more trouble than it was worth.

Hit up Peter at http://www.wineworks.co/.

If you just need your homepage implemented, it’s probably not that big of an ordeal.

2 Likes

Thank you! I just emailed them!