Applying Dollar Discount

We are currently running a promo that allows $20 off the total purchase. I have the promo set up with a coupon code to take $20 off the purchase but rather than just taking $20 off at once, it takes what adds up to the sum of $20 from each item in the cart, which lessens the wine revenue.
Does this make sense?
For example, I five SKUs of wine in the cart all totaling $150. The promo coupon discounts each bottle of wine by $4 (totaling a $20 discount) rather than showing a $20 promotion discount at the bottom of the receipt.
Is it possible to have the total promo discount applied at once rather than divvying it up between all items in the cart?

1 Like

How would you want this reflected in reports like Order Detail?

I’d say under “item Discount” as a lump sum.

It’d probably have to be an Extended Discount of some sort, as Order Detail is a line item report for each SKU. If they system doesn’t know how to break a lump sum discount down across the line items, I imagine you’re going to have some complications.

That would be fine also. How do I set it up that way?

It doesn’t currently. WineDirect would have to rewrite the way it calculates discounts. You’ll have to submit an idea request for that. Godspeed.

Thank you for your help.

Hi tom, If you head the ideas page as suggested above and search for ‘discount’ you’ll find a few people have requested this. If you have any votes left then I suggest voting for one of the ones already posted to give the idea a better chance. We find it annoying too. Customers just don’t get how the discount applies over all the products, and often you are left with a few cents here or there in rounding. Argh!