Assuring a customer that their credit card information is safe

With the recent problem with credit information being stolen, we have a club member who wants to cancel all her on-line orders and thus our wine club.

What wording would you use to assure a club member that their credit card information is safe (at least to some extent) with the cookie system that Vin65 uses with merchant accounts?

Of course I am canceling her club membership, but I thought it would be good to have a set way to answer club members questions.

Thanks

I would assure the customer of Vin65’s PCI compliant status.

Inform them that their cards are encrypted, and we as the business don’t even have access to view the number.

We also run a third party PCI compliance scan quarterly, I recommend everyone do that as well.

You may get her back after things settle down, and you may save others. Good question. There is some info here but there would be value in crafting something pithier to help with consumer confidence:

https://documentation.vin65.com/Security-and-PCI-Compliance

Tell them that you have a very sophisticated system of post-it notes.

3 Likes

Takes the concept of a “one time pad” to a new level with the post it’s

2 Likes

Thank you all for your suggestions. Especially the one about the post-it notes.

The only problem is that some people might believe it because my daughter has been organizing selling grapes in 1 ton to over 100 tons directly to 25 or more wineries around the state to meet their specifications for a total of over 1,000 tons in the last few weeks. Several more 100’s of tons more to go. And her favorite office item in the project is “post-it notes”. :):grinning:

But we also use high tech Google Drive web links, so that each winery can privately see their own test figures (brix & ph) on a graph to help us coordinate optimal harvest. So, we aren’t totally backward out in Texas. :slight_smile: