Base 3: What's Coming?

Hey all!

I’m very excited about Base 3 coming. As I understand it, the core should be rolling out to us all on May 9th? I’m wondering what features will be available to us at that time.

Personalization
One of the big touts of Base 3 was personalization of the website. Personalized greetings, personalized product lists on the home page, etc. – are these going to be part of the May 9 rollout?

Dynamic Customer Prices
I’m very excited to see these in action. Are they rolling out as part of Base 3 core also?

New Checkout Process
VERY excited about single page checkout. Is this on the roadmap for Base 3 core also?

Updated Design
I’ve been drooling over the content block template system. I imagine this will be rolling out with this core update?

Also, what will be the process of being able to test these? How will we be able to go about building out a Base 3 store while leaving Base 2 intact?

I know I may be jumping the gun somewhat on all this but I’m just excited and want to be prepared to take full advantage of all this starting from day one :slight_smile:

Best,

–eric

4 Likes

Hey Eric,

Personalization
One of the big touts of Base 3 was personalization of the website. Personalized greetings, personalized product lists on the home page, etc. – are these going to be part of the May 9 rollout?

This is live today, it’s based around content blocks, you’re able to set this inside Base3 content blocks:

Dynamic Customer Prices
I’m very excited to see these in action. Are they rolling out as part of Base 3 core also?

This is technically done and live today, we’re still working on some things, but via the templates you’ll be able to test this out - Designer Launch - Base 3 - Product Tags

New Checkout Process
VERY excited about single page checkout. Is this on the roadmap for Base 3 core also?

You’ll have a good looking cart for the core, we’re passing around ideas to make this look better, so expect to see updates after the core.

Updated Design
I’ve been drooling over the content block template system. I imagine this will be rolling out with this core update?

Technically live today as well! Nothing much is in the queue for this one.

We’re working through the best way to educate people on how to work with these items, this is posting to documentation, and the new features board! We’ll continue to educate you and other developers. (Maybe a Free Training Friday soon!)

5 Likes

Sweet on all fronts – thanks much! So we’ll just need sandbox access to be able to start playing with all of these things? So excited… :smiley:

And definitely sign me up for training Friday – I’m all over that :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All - I too am excited for the developments of Base 3. As a wine club manager, I wanted to enquire about the user choice page and how Base 3 might impact that design or process. The page is limited in its functions now and desperately needs some updates so far as the item listings. My members biggest peeve is that the shipping address is not fully displayed. Of course, this causes all kinds of delivery issues. My thinking is: members had to work hard to get to that page let’s just put all that info on that page for review - just like the one-page checkout concept! Can anyone comment on changes related to this?

1 Like

@FKruger Yes! The new club sign up page for user choice as well as a regular club sign up is designed after the checkout and is all on one page.

2 Likes

Lucas - Thanks but I’m actually talking about the User choice page not the sign up page - 2 different pages. To get to the user choice page on our website you would login as a wine club member, go to “membership and allocations” and then “view allocation” - I have renamed these 2 pages - I think they were both called “view club”

cheers.

@lucas_klaassen if you have any imput on the user choice page - not the club check out page that would be very helpful

@FKruger That page will display similarly to the one page checkout as well!

When a customer logs into their member dashboard and view a user choice club (which is the user choice page you are talking about) it will display similarly to the sign up page.

The design consistency between ‘sign up components’ within base3 was looked at very seriously as we built them out :slight_smile: