Blurry images in emails

Is anyone else having issues when uploading images into the body of an email?

I’m working on our latest newsletter, I have tried resizing in photoshop prior to the size I want but still come across blurry and just when I think they look ok in the email when you hit save they then look different again, currently have 2 bottle shots both same size but one is bigger once saved, hit edit again and it looks normal again?

Is there a trick to uploading these? this is only my second attempt at a newsletter and wasn’t this difficult the first time round.

thanks! :slight_smile:

Hello . There shouldn’t be anything special going on. What you can do is inspect the size of the image in your template that you are replacing. (for mac drag and drop it to your desktop, right click the image and click get info.)

If you need transparency, use .png. But .jpg should be the default. And a ‘new’ industry practice is to double the px height and width for size and save it at 50 to 75% quality depending on the image file byte size.

Following that as a general practice will help you keep the right file size and aspect ratio for the ‘specified’ height and width that’s in the source code in your template.

Let me know if youre still having problems and you can schedule a screenshare here calendly.com/corben/15min

Disclaimer: I’m tech support for an email marketing agency that has an integration with vin65 Webservices account. :grin:

Could you post a screenshot and the code and we can figure it out for you? Also, what email client are you viewing this from?

Oh, you’ve clearly never used Vin65’s email platform. Though, it’s likely they are displaying the image at a non-native/high-DPI resolution, there are a few quirks. There are instances in Vin65 where the WYSIWYG editor will actually change the asset file’s resolution, compression and color depth based on the HTML code. It’s nuts.

1 Like

I’ve played in the WYSIWYG a bit in pine wines but haven’t had any of what you’re talking about crop up. We’ve completely moved away from the WYSIWYG to a drag and drop editor for clients because the struggle is reaalll. I’m really liking the Tank Garage emails btw.

We had this same issue. The quality of photos inserted into emails through Vin65 was so poor, it made them not worth using. We tried different sizes and formats to no avail. We then created a Flickr account, loaded the photos to Flickr and then pasted the file location into the emails and clarity improved dramatically. It’s one more step but it dramatically improved the quality of the photos in our emails.

Wow,

So, this seems to be the problem that I am having also. And Tyler’s idea is great. I think that I will try that. Easy for me to do because I already have the photos on my web site server.

I hope this works!

That did work using a link to a photo on another server, But it did seem to need to be sized correctly already.

Thank you Tyler for the idea.