Canadian Billing Address

I have a customer in Canada who wanted to place an order online to be shipped to Boston. The problem is, her address in Canadian so it’s throwing her an error. I have never tried to process an order like this, is WineDirect simply not compatible with international billing addresses? Is there any work around in which I could charge her? Thanks so much for your time, whomever!

Do you have AVS matching required at the merchant processing level?

I don’t think so. I will have to look in to that further. We never do international orders on the DTC level, so it sounds like it may just be a no go for us. Thanks Ed.

Hey Donna,

If you don’t have AVS turned on, they can put any address as their billing address. So just have them enter your winery address as the billing address and it will accept the order and calculate taxes and shipping based on the destination in Boston.

Ed,

I just processed her order with her Credit card, and our winery address as the billing address instead of her Canadian address and it worked! I’m smarter than the computer now- hopefully no future problems with that. Thank you.

Donna, you were always smarter than the computer.

2 Likes