Declined card at club member sign up

I think that this might be due to server error on the ipad, but we consistantly have problems with the person’s card being declined at set up, but when the card is run again, it works fine.

I talked through the process with my son to see what the pitfall might be. He did one yesterday, and all went fine.

Another server did one yesterday, and the card failed the first time, then worked. This makes a club member sign up uncomfortable. I do not believe that it is an internet problem.

Has anyone else had this problem, and found a solution? I guess we will just walk through the signup process again with each server.

Next time this happens, try logging into your payment gateway and see if the order was in fact successful or not. Sometimes the card is actually processed but because of Vin65 errors, Vin65 lists it as declined.

If they are indeed being declined, you might want to talk to your merchant processor. Perhaps there is something wrong with your account where it is triggering fraud alerts. Alcohol is typically classified in a higher risk category.