Does anyone use customer photos?

We wish to attach a photo of our wine club members to their Vin65 account, mainly due to having a sizable wine club and needing to remember faces and names.

The only way I conceive of implementing it is by having the Admin panel open during a sale and uploading the photo after taking one with the I-pad. It would be a process to be sure.

I am curious if anyone else does this and has a better solution?

Thanks!

Neil

1 Like

I find it to be a convenient place to save a drivers license image for those states that want us to have it, but I don’t have a better workflow.

I’ve put a couple in for fun, but at least at the POS the thumbnail is so tiny it’s not really useful there. Curious to see if people are utilizing this and find it useful.

I have a handful myself that I did just for the hell of it.

We would use this mainly for event planning. See who our best customers are, look at the photo a few dozen times before the event and when they show up greet them by name and perhaps segue the conversation to whatever wine they like most. It would definitely help us in customer service and hopefully selling more wine to these fine patrons :).

I just can’t think of a way to implement photos without it being a giant hassle to our customers.

What about connecting their Vin65 account to Facebook or Twitter? And using the social account to display a profile photo? This can be done within Vin65’s contact section.

You could make the photography fun, or tie it into social with some sort of offer. Now I understand the real reason why there’s an event photo booth. Customers get to have a memory but the winery is able to put a face with the name. :slight_smile:

The problem with using the social media link is verifying I have the correct person. I have done this with customers I know, and have no doubt that that is their picture.

I also would like the customer to be able to opt-in to giving us a photo, it seems less Big Brother that way.