Held Tabs and Customer Swaps

Hello helpful Vin65 people!
Our Hold tabs are acting strangely, and unfortunately the always helpful people at Vin65 cannot seem to re-create the problem to help us fix it. We were wondering if any of you in the community have experienced the same problem we are having. The best way to describe it is through a scenario:

Wine Club Member A orders a bottle of wine and we start a tab for them. Under the nickname we type their last name comma first name. Then Wine Club Member B comes in and orders a glass of wine and we start a tab. Again, in the nickname we type their last name comma first name. When Wine Club Member B comes to close out their tab we will open it up and find that the customer info in the top right is not their info, but instead the info of Wine Club member A. Wine Club Member A still has a tab open and it is still correct.
In many instances when we are busy and not paying close attention this mix up has caused us to charge Wine Club Member A’s card on file for Wine Club Member B’s order.
Here is a link to the video we made and uploaded to YouTube - it was too large to upload. https://youtu.be/g0CUVA9TfYU –

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Great detective work! We’ve run into this issue as well, but I wasn’t able to reproduce it.

I’m not sure how best to report a bug to Vin65, maybe open a ticket?

1 Like

Thanks for running this test and bringing the issue up to our attention! We will certainly get our product team to review and address it. Sorry for the difficulties.

And yes, please do send an email to support@vin65.com with a link to this thread and we can correspond on there.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi Carisen - we did send a support ticket on May 30. It was marked as “resolved” when Jose Pria could not duplicate it. And we get it, you can’t duplicate it, you can’t fix it. And I will send the email.
Cheers!
Mariam