Email constipation?

Ever since the switch to SendGrid test emails have been instant (yay!)

But I’ve tried twice to get a test email back and to no avail.

The Status page shows all green.

I had the same issue on Monday. They eventually came hours later.

I had the same delays, anywhere between 20 minutes to several hours. I’m assuming that everyone had a lot of wine club emails going out at once and clogged things up, we had to send 2200 emails on the first.

It looks like SendGrid has had a few issues over the past couple of days that have affected the QoS. Based on their status page it should be back to normal - http://status.sendgrid.com/

1 Like

SendGrid is an enormous, gigantic service. Unless Vin65 has their own server spun up, I’d guess it’s something caused on an even larger level.

Your vin65 status page was all green, including SendGrid. Maybe you need to look into the connection there? Also, being able to click through from vin65 status to 3rd party status would be a plus.

I doubt we’re the only ones sending a club email on the first, so I was assuming it was a majority of the sendgrid customers with wine clubs/monthly billings of some kind all trying to send in the same few business hours. I can’t recall if we had these kinds of delays on the first of our last wine club month, but I was sending test emails the week before, not the day of, so I wouldn’t have noticed.

SendGrid has customers that send campaigns out that are measured in millions of contacts, more than all of our wineries combined, likely. I think that’s part of the reason Vin65 chose them as their email backbone. They can handle scale.

Looks like the link Sean posted after I commented answers the question