Club Members Not Receiving Emails

For the last couple of months, we have had a lot of club members who have had no issues with receiving email in the past claim that they have not gotten emails sent through Vin65. We’ve had a number of unhappy members who say that they didn’t receive notice that we were charging their cards, even though we sent out several emails. I’ve told them to add our email address to their safe sender list, but this is a major issue that we haven’t had in the past.

I’m guessing SendGrid has something to do with this.

That was my assumption as well, but I would really like to find a fix so we don’t run into this issue with our next shipment.

Hi @LizKC, are you using the Send Mass Email or Send Club Email tool when sending these to your club members?

Do you have some example domains for some of these recipients? (things like earthlink.net, etc.) @LizKC

Hi Kelton,

We’re using the Send Mass Email tool along with the list builder.

Liz

It’s been everything from gmail & yahoo to proprietary domains–seems all over the board.

@LizKC - Would you mind supplying me a list name that you’d send out a club email to so I can take a deeper look?

Something to note is that Send Mass Email will not send to anyone who has an email status of “Unsubscribe”, “2 X Hard Bounce” or “10 X Soft Bounce” if you’re sending a non-system or action email to them.

The difference with using Send Club Email is that it bypasses those email statuses, so it will allow you to send your important club emails to your club members without having to worry what email status they are. For example, if a club member unsubscribed from marketing emails, they most likely will still want to receive your club email regarding an upcoming shipment. This is what Send Club Email was built for!

There’s also a tool in List Builder where you can send off your list for BriteVerify for validation. It costs a nominal fee, but you can get a report back of all your important addresses that have deliverability issues and then you can reach out to said customers.

I will use that in the future, but the club members in question are not listed under those statuses–I’ve checked.

One of the lists is “Red Shed Club Members”. Everyone that this has been an issue with is listed as having received the email, but not opened it.

@LizKC - Thank you for the list name! That’s one clean list, as far as send-ability goes, it looks perfect. Would you mind sending me an email to kelton@vin65.com including few of the email addresses that have reached out claiming they’ve never recieved your emails? I’d like to see if I can spot any obvious reasons.

We’ve been having the same issues recently. Clients who’ve never had an email issue are now letting us know they are no longer getting our emails. We’ve logged an issue for this already, but the resolution was… honestly, nothing. We really need reliability in our email distribution… So, LizKC, y’all are not the only ones having this issue and the resulting client service disruptions (talk about wanting to sell more wine - let’s get our communications to our clients!)

1 Like

It sounds like something is configured incorrectly if an entire club specifically missed a notification.

But, can I float a crazy theory? When you use a third-party EMS to send emails from your domain, you usually should set up SPF and DKIM records in your DNS. Is it possible this didn’t happen and now your recipients’ domains are rejecting the messages from SendGrid? @Karson

1 Like

@LizKC @ChrisCobb

This sounds like it could be an SPF record issue. Check out my forum post regarding SPF records here: https://community.vin65.com/t/email-deliverability-issues-spf-records/205

1 Like

@EdFarmCollective - That’s exactly what I was thinking, you beat me to the punch :wink:

For us, it’s not the entire club, but out of all the emails sent, about 25% seem to not be receiving them.

@kelton @EdFarmCollective

It sounds like the SPF thing could be the issue–we apparently don’t currently have that configured. I’ve contacted our IT department and hopefully this will be sorted out.

Thanks for all your help today!

1 Like