"Email is in use by another contact."

As a Vin65 developer I have two email addresses that I use to access multiple winery accounts. I used to be able to put in the same email no problem, but sometime in the last couple months that’s changed and now the system is denying inputting my email address. I’ve worked around this by creating forwarding addresses that are client specific, but that’s not a very elegant solution.

Is there a workaround I’m unaware of? I can understand if the system in general likes each user to have a unique email, but I think with development users that becomes problematic.

Thoughts, helpful hints, oh wise forum?

You are correct, this functionality recently changed with the introduction of this Community Forum and our Single Sign On tool. For more info on what Single Sign On does, please check out this link: https://community.vin65.com/t/vin65-sso-the-new-login-screen/461

Thanks @carisenr, I hadn’t seen that post. Is there any plan in the works to make SSO more one-person-multi-account friendly for developers and other people who need to be able to log in to multiple accounts regularly? Or should I be asking for Master Admin access to client accounts?

If you work with lots of Vin65 sites, you can submit a request to support@vin65.com to be added as an Agency. This way, when you need to access a new clients Admin Panel, you can get a Domain Admin from that winery to request to give “Lindsay’s Agency” access. You can log in with one set of username and password and access all the sites that has given your Agency access. This will avoid all SSO complications.

2 Likes