User name duplication and can you search by User name

Most contacts use their email address as their user name. Right?

But for our server’s I use part of their name as their user name to login to the POS.

If Vin65 says that I can’t give a server a user name because it is in use by someone else, is there a way to search to see who that is? Just so I can check to see if it is a mistake, or I have already put that server in already?

For example I have tried, “Mary” then “MaryG” it keeps telling me that those user names are already in use.

Thank you for your help.

Sounds like you’re talking about your admin setup for employees. This username list spans all wineries, not just your own. I would guess that the ability to search across the usernames of every winery on the platform wouldn’t be too secure and probably won’t happen.

we’ve appended our usernames with characters since most of the standard names are already in use. (like Mary)

1 Like

Ohhh, that makes sense. I just didn’t think about that. Then I just need to get creative.

Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
Betty

We got it :wink:

That’s OK, I really didn’t need “Mary” anyway. I was just using it as an example. :):grinning:

But thank you all for the help because it helped me get unstuck on that problem.

2 Likes