Enhanced Reports

Hi everyone,

New and enhanced Reporting Tools are live on the 15th. Opening up the conversation here for questions on the new reporting tools.

Cheers!

Carisen

2 Likes

Are you going to make that totals line go away?

1 Like

This is on our radar for sure, but I don’t think we have made a definitive call on how we want this to work yet (between removing, leaving or making it optional). I’d recommend submitting this feedback by clicking on the red Feedback icon on the right hand side of your reports tool if you hadn’t done so.

Can you please make the Daily Activity Report, End of Day Report operate as a view so that on an ipad at the tasting room counter we can view that report without needing to have it as a downloaded report via email etc. I love the new reports but the fact that I cannot use the enhanced reports for end of day figures easily on the ipad is a pain!

1 Like

Are the new reports optional. If not, can you PLEASE make sure there are no totals or at least that the totals are optional?

Well, I think I’ve said it to everyone I know at Vin65, as well as this thread here:

https://community.vin65.com/t/reports-beta-totals/1696

At the very least, it throws a wrench into making a quick pivot table from a .csv report. At worst, you forget that line is there and you get erroneous results.

I’d be happy to detail how to get a desired total via pivot table, faster than you can navigate to the row and column with the desired total.

I have not done the red feedback button but if that is what it takes, I’m there.

1 Like

@ElJefe - really appreciate the feedback. It’s something that we have been discussing internally and we are looking for the optimal way to adjust.

The red Feedback button would be the best place to submit this suggestion as it will go directly to our product team. A few things they may be interested in hearing about is what columns do you find yourself frequently summing up or creating pivot tables for where the Total value is causing discrepancy. In other words, is the issue a result the total line being there generally or are we simply not providing you with the Totals relevant to you?

Today is my first look at the new reports. I love the calendar setup - easy to enter start and end date at one time or choose yesterday, month to date, etc. That is very handy.

The totals in the spreadsheets are a big problem for using pivot tables. Please remove them or allow me to set a default that removes them from all of my reports.

The new reports will be available for everyone as of today. You can click on “Back to Old Reports” to use the old section and this will be available for another 6 months. In regards to the Total Line, at this time, this is going to display on Sales Reports automatically but we appreciate your feedback and our team is looking to make adjustments on this behaviour so it gets you the data you need.

I know you did not direct this to me, but let me give you my view on the totals. It’s not that you have selected irrelevant columns but that any totals are a problem for using pivot tables. I would much rather see you invest in webinars and documentation showing people how to use pivot tables than trying to create perfect reports. Pivot tables allow your customers to manipulate their data in ways you could never anticipate - and very fast, plus create great charts - very fast. Compared to my last POS that had almost no spreadsheets - only PDF reports - Vin65 is a huge improvement. Please continue to focus programming resources on getting lots of data out of Vin65 into spreadsheets and let us use pivot tables to analyze it.

2 Likes

@ElJefe @vicky - We spoke to our programming team about your concerns regarding the total line in the CSVs. We will be removing these from all sales reports and they will all export without a Total line.

This adjustment should be active in an hour or so - stay tuned! Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I LOVE you! I am new to Vin65 - just over a month - and my old provider rarely made changes to their software or listened to feedback and if they did, it took about a year. You are responding to customer feedback and doing it in real time. That is a very good sign that I made the right decision to move to Vin65.

Thank you!

5 Likes

What happened to sales by SKU? this was the most useful report for end of day accounting and checking inventory!!

:grin::sunglasses:

Seriously, I suspect I know maybe 30% of what can be done with pivot tables. I’m in.