Enhanced Reports

Sales by SKU is now called Sales Summary by Product @marijones

A few of our Sales Reports have had its name changed - here is a list: https://documentation.vin65.com/Reports/Reports-List#changes

Hope this helps!

That does help, thank you.

However I try to export that report and I can’t get it to display correctly in excel. What’s going on with this? Do I need to change some settings or something?

@marijones - there shouldn’t be any Excel Settings adjustments needed. What sorts of issues are you encountering? Are you getting an Excel error message or is the data simply not populating correctly? Would you be able to take a screenshot of the error message or the data issue along with the data you are expecting to see to support@vin65.com? We can take a deeper dive to see why you are experiencing difficulties :slight_smile:

My coworker is having trouble seeing anything for the new or old reports on the Safari browser. Works fine when she uses chrome, but would prefer to use Safari if possible.

@phillip - are they seeing anything at all or just a blank screen? Would you be able to send a screenshot of what they are seeing when attempting to open reports in Safari to support@vin65.com? We’d love to take a closer look.

Thanks!

@carisenr Hi Carisen - submitted some questions to support; but will post them here, in case someone has a quicker answer:

• Sales Summary - what’s the equivalent of the plain old “Sales Summary”; where you can filter/sort by Order Type.

• Inventory Transactions - we ran a new version and an old version; and the starting/ending numbers on the reports are different. Any ideas? The transaction details in between seems accurate.

Thanks
Tam

Just sent, thank you for looking into this.

Sales Summary is a report that didn’t get moved over to the new tools, unfortunately. It will only be accessible by going to the Old reports section at this time. If this is a report you are missing, please provide this feedback to our team by clicking on the red Feedback icon.

In regards to the Inventory Transaction reports, in general, we would expect the totals to match between the two reports as they are referencing the same information. I can take a look at this. Was it happening on just one/a few SKUs or was it different for all your SKUs?

Thanks!

Hi Carisen,
The start/ending # are different on all the SKUs. I sent copies of the two different reports in the support ticket.

Thanks
Tam

The new Sales Detail X report (Order Detail) has a problem with Ext Item Deposit amounts on multi-line orders. If there is more than one item on the order, the Ext Item Deposit amount shows as zero when it should be the amount of the total deposits (ie. quantity x deposit rate for that item). Also, on all lines of all orders, the Ext Item Total does not include the deposit amount regardless of whether an amount is populated in the Ext Item Deposit field. Can this be corrected please?

@sidzan - Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have been able to recreate the issue you are describing on our end. We will get our team to review the programming logic behind this column further. In the old Sales Detail X report, it would take the sum of the bottle deposit and divide by the number of units in the cart and display that as Ext Item Deposit on each line within that order.

Sorry for the confusion and we will let you know of our findings as soon as possible :slight_smile:

Thanks to you for turning me onto pivot tables in the first place, which means I know even less that you do. Nevertheless, I’m hooked and want to learn more. Plus, I’m very glad to hear Vin65 removed the totals.

Vicky

Glad to help. And you seemed to be the last straw on getting totals removed, so thanks for that! :wink:

1 Like

New reports look great so far! :slight_smile: Love the ability to get them to schedule reports (when I can get this part working, currently saying to upgrade to Plus which we already are!)

One question re the POS end of day report is there anyway I can have it export to csv ready to print?? most of our cellar door staff are not familiar with excel and have a lot of trouble trying to change it to print on one page. Or is there anyway of getting a daily summary direct from the POS without having to go to the reports section?

Yes some of our staff are very old school
 Training them in vin65 has been a challenge

Are you saying the “old reports” will be obsolete in 6 months? Honestly, I am not a fan of the enhanced reports from an Accountant’s perspective. Now I have to invest quite a bit of time in creating several new reports relevant to our mapped Transaction Pro pass through to Quickbooks, which are only saved in the old version. This new version seems to be great with respect to marketing and wine club. I prefer the more detailed user-friendly version with drop down menus containing a variety of options. Saves me time and the company $$. Hopefully Vin65 will keep the old version around longer than 6 months.

Our current plan is to disable the option to access Old Reports after the 6 month time frame. All of the filters and functionalities previously available on our Old Reports should still be available in the new one. Your saved reports do need to be moved over manually but once they are, they should have all the information that the old one had.

If you are encountering differences or limitations when working with the new Reports which was previously available in the old version, please send us the report type and a description of what has changed to support@vin65.com and we will find a solution/fix for you.

Is there a mapping of the old reports to the new reports for example the Daily Sales Activity Report?

https://documentation.vin65.com/Reports/Reports-List#changes

@jennanash123 - Unfortunately, this is currently not available but our team is hungry for feedback and I think this is a great idea. Reports cannot be printed through the iPad at this time. We would encourage you to submit this Feedback by clicking on the red Feedback button in the report section.

Thanks!

While your fixing the deposit issue so that it shows up on a per item basis, is there any reason you can’t get the taxes doing the same?

It’s more complex as it’s not simply dividing by the quantity, but if the system can calculate taxes (including custom taxes) on a per item basis to arrive at a total, why can’t the order detail (sales detail x) reporting reflect this also?