Gift Cards and Event Tickets (no shipping)

Is there any way to have digital gift card and event ticket purchases be automatically set to “no shipping required”?

Oft requested, but no way that I am aware of. Here is my mostly effective solution:

1 Like

Yup, it’s an often requested feature, Jefe’s method is about the best. I also use Carrots, but most customers don’t notice carrots.

Vin65 definitely uses Feature Requests to guide their development, so if you feel this should be something added, request it!

1 Like

One really good reason this hasn’t been done is that it is complicated. If someone orders two tickets and three bottles to be shipped in a single order, you have a conflict. The system would have to intelligently turn it into multiple orders, and that sounds messy…

One option would be to set the product to not charge for shipping. Wouldn’t prevent it from flagging as a shipping order but would at least prevent the customer from being charged for shipping. You could then just not ship the items and communicate to the customer that tickets are will call or a list at the event and the GC code is emailed to them. Not perfect but better than nothing I suppose.

Why are feature requests something that each person should submit individually instead of on a forum, where an idea can expand and there’s already feedback on a change or improvement before making it? I would think the safest path to change is to have people chime in on it from all angles.

They’re trying to manage it by having one channel.

When there is a discussion anywhere about a feature request or change, I always try to include a link to the discussion as a reference, and make sure to explain why I am including the link.

How can you change the gift card product to not charge for shipping?

No Shipping Charge

1 Like

Thanks! Course after not having any luck finding it under gift card documentation section I found it within Advanced not long after posting this.

1 Like