How do people handle web sales of items with different sizes?

We just started selling some of our apparel in our web store but I’m not sure what the best solution is for the different sizes or colors. I wish there was a drop down box for these options…

You can do a drop down box if you set up multiple SKUs within one product. Try that to see for yourself.

However, you may find some other things don’t work as you would like them to - reports etc. To be honest I don’t recall what those things are any more. I would strongly suggest you set up a test product and then try all of the other things you - POS sales, reports, etc. - to make sure they work the way you want them to.

In the end I went back to asking people to request size and color in the order notes.

1 Like

Has anyone done this successfully? I want to make sure the size shows up somewhere so we know what to pull. On the customer side, the separate (sub) skus do not show up in the cart.
There has to be a way to make this work. Wineries do sell non-wine merchandise.

Hi Carole,

We have this set up and it works just fine. You can see an example here: https://www.castorocellars.com/product/Men-s-Vintage-Tee-White

Things to make sure you have:

• Unit Description in the SKU screen
  • “Show Multiple Prices as Dropdown” is selected
  • “Don’t Show Add to Cart On List Page” is selected if you want to force the customer to the product drilldown page.
  • Make sure the SKU for each sub sku is unique. I use SKUs like “TSHIRT-M, TSHIRT-XL, etc”

Below you can see an example of what our packing slips look like, showing the size. It also shows up in our cart, as you can see with the link above. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Wow, rmcguire - thanks for going above and beyond! Looks like I have what I need to get this set up. Hope I can return the favor at some point. Carole

1 Like