In an email, adding a secure product to the cart?

I’m sending an email to my wine club members and want to have a button that adds a club-only product to the cart. I know how to add a product to the cart, and I know how to force a login before going to a “secure” page on the website (e.g., edit club details), but how can I put those things together? And of course, I want to specify the quantity of the product to be added to the cart!

Using something like Add to Cart will add the product to the cart (with my quantity), but the cart barfs and says that it’s a secure SKU (even if I log in at that point, it doesn’t “remember” what product I wanted to add to the cart).

Using something like login, I can force a login before going to a specific page given the page id number, but I don’t know the page id number of the cart… does the cart even have a page id number?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Note that I had put some HTML in the text of my question–it was unexpectedly (although understandably) parsed and a link was formed…

There’s probably a way to do this with using the product ID or marketing URL of the product drilldown page, but I don’t know how. Another thought though is to use a landing (content editor) page that carries the product and it’s add to cart button. (or a button that does what your email button #1 would’ve done)

Using a landing page, things like this would probably work: /index.cfm?method=memberlogin.showlogin&referrerQueryString=method%3Dpages.showPage%26pageid%3YOU-HAVE-ONE-NOW

Or this is one way to get to cart:
/index.cfm?method=THE-PAGES-KEYWORD-IN-PAGE-PROPERRIES.showPage

I wonder if you can either put the addtocart&productID=x thing into the referrer string, (after login screen), OR, use a page ID that itself redirects to a link that does addtocart&productID=X .