Purchasing wine club member only allocated wines

I thought that when a person logged in, they would see a purchase button on the wines page to purchase a “wine club member” only wine.

Now I have learned that the only way for them to purchase on-line wine club member only wines is to click on the tab to go to the page with only allocated wines on it.

What do people put on their page to explain this to customers. People keep telling me that my web site doesn’t work.

“To purchase, members must login and go to allocations tab on their account page.”

Sounds awfully confusing to the customer to me.

We tried allocated wines a couple of times, and have not been particularly happy with the interface. I’ve moved towards setting up product security for ‘club only’ products and wines, and it’s been much more seamless.

You can display the wines on the product pages along with everything else, and set a message to say ‘This wine is only available to X club, please log in to purchase if you’re a member of the club’, or just not have it show up unless the customer is logged in.

The only issue I’ve had doing it this way is not having the wines available to our sample bottle promo accounts - an easy fix but do so before a busy off-site event where you suddenly can’t sample your bottles out.

1 Like

This sounds exactly what I am looking for. I tried to set it up for one wine, but can’t seem to get it to work. I guess I’ll go look at the documentation to see what I might have set wrong. Especially since I was trying to convert a product from allocated to security.

Thank you for your help.

Figured it out. I forgot that under properties there is a check off for “if the wine is allocated”. Now it works GREAT! Thank you so much for your help.