Inventory on a particular date

What is the best way to determine what the inventory was for a particular SKU on a particular date? The only way I’ve found so far is to run the Inventory Transactions report starting and stopping on a particular day. However, this is of course downloading an Excel file each time and is super tedious. Is there an easier way I’m missing? I don’t need individual transactions, I just need an inventory number on a date. Can be beginning or end of date, don’t care, as long as it’s consistent.

3 Likes

Any word on this? I’d also like to know if there is a way to do this!

2 Likes

Was this ever resolved? we are new to the system and are very unhappy about this inability to run this report.

I take this issue was not resolved. We are new to this program and by the looks of the date of your post we have the same question. Wish we could have seen all of this talk and dissatisfaction of a point of sale program before we purchased it because we would have NEVER bought it. We are very tempted to go back to our old program!

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in our response. Unfortunately, a report that provides a list of inventory on a certain date isn’t a report we currently have available. We’ve submitted a Feature Request to our product team with to add. We encourage you to do the same and offer up your thoughts on the added benefits this report will provide you.

The workaround @ZaneMumford outlined is what we would recommend as well. You will want to generate an Inventory Report that ends on a particular date to get the Inventory Count on that date.

Cheers!

This would be a great function to help with our PL Statements that already take forever to calculate.

Leanne

We use a new reporting platform called VinDashboard that pulls data (except customer’s personal info) from WineDirect and simplifies reporting. It will, however, include order number and customer number in reports.
Inventory of club orders (paid, not picked up) is one report that has been very useful. You can also run inventory by product sku by date! You can to to their website for a demo and pricing.

1 Like