Inventory Web vs POS

We use VIN65 for a wine shop instead of a winery, so we have roughly 150-160 wine SKUS. With such a large number of wines, it’s difficult to be manually deactivating things if they sell out, however, I want to be able to ring/find things in the shop POS side.

For instance, if we happen to be a bottle or two off on our VIN65 inventory count, I still want our sales staff to be able to ring a bottle up if they have it in front of them, but I want it to go away on the website.

Is there a way to have one set of rules for web, and another for the POS? I have it set to sell, but display sold out message on the site to allow our staff to find/ring bottles in the shop, but guests ALWAYS ignore the out of stock message when ordering online and just order the wines anyhow, leaving me to have to call and explain we are out of the wine.

Any ideas on how to navigate this would be highly appreciated.

1. Do not set the product to inactive, leave it active. Also leave it as displayed on the website.

2. In Manage Properties, use Advanced -> Sale to Public End Date. Set the date and time in the past a little bit just to be sure; eg I am typing this at 3:44pm on July 1, I would set it to July 1 at 3:00pm. Set an appropriate sold out message for the web.

The product will no longer be for sale on the web but will be available on the POS. The image will be grayed out but you can still add to cart.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I like the idea, I was hoping there was something that wasn’t manual, as we have such a revolving door of inventory that its hard to keep on top of changing the status of each product as we sell something out.

It sounds like the best workaround is to use the e-mail inventory alerts as a trigger to make the changes to the sale to public date like you suggested.

Maybe a feature request for the ability to have the POS and website operate differently from each other based on Order Type of POS vs web might be a good idea. I wonder if this something that might be useful to others also.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like