Mass Mailing List Options - Create a "State Missing from Profile" option

Frequently, we have people who sign up for our newsletter that don’t leave city/state info, only their email.

Since our email list is so big, many of our mass mailings are state-targeted; however, that means that ALL the people that are signed up for the newsletter but do not have a state listed are missed (never emailed. This is a HUGE number for us.

In the list creation options, you can select “No State Specified” which means everyone is included, or specific states; you cannot specifically select those which have the state information missing.

This would also be helpful for other items, such as select NOT Clean emails (to add to our unsubscribe list), etc.

Currently, as I understand the setup, the only NOT criteria you can choose is a Contact Type. While this is a pretty powerful tool if you get creative, it can get very messy as well. It would be much easier if more of the positive selections you could make also had an “And NOT” feature or a “Is Blank” feature.

Does anyone else see the use in these suggestions? Additional places where this would be helpful?

1 Like

Good Suggestion! That would be a very useful functionality. Thank you for sharing and I want to add my voice to those requesting this functionality be added by the coding team.

1 Like

Perhaps a good option would do what MailChimp does. Geolocate the IP address last used to open the email and add that to a field. It’s accurate enough to dial down to state and county levels.

1 Like

Great idea!

Remember to Feature Request these. (When there is a relevant thread here in the forum I include the link in the request so they have a handy reference.)

You might also want to try using a list append service.