Primary Shipping Address Report

I need to pull a report of primary shipping addresses for a specific contact type. However, I’m not finding a way to do it. Anyone have a solution?

Hrm, no luck with: List Builder or Contact List Report. I don’t see any way to get that information either!

That seems like a bit of an omission. I would put in a feature request, and if you need that information now, you can try to put in a support request for a custom report.

1 Like

Thanks, Ryan.

I will definitely put in a feature request. How do I submit one?

I got the information for this shipment by going account by account (what a
pain).

Thanks,
Lynne

Feature Request

Curious, why do you want this information? There might be a different way to do what you’re doing!

I need to send the ship to addresses of a certain contact type to an
outside company that will be shipping them holiday gifts. The address in
their General Information is the billing address, not their ship to
address. We cannot put their ship to address in this area because this is
where the credit card processor verifies address information.

Thanks,
Lynne

Interesting, I definitely don’t see a way to do that.

The Club Members report can give you a list of club members, with their shipping address, but it doesn’t allow you to sort or filter by contact type.

Thanks again Ryan.

I don’t either and I’ve tried every which way. So I put in a request.

Thanks,
Lynne

If these are people - members? - you have shipped to before, run a sales report over a date range that is likely to have all or most of them in it. Then in List Builder download the csv for that contact type. Using a lookup based on the contact type list find the orders. That list of orders will include the shipping addresses you want.

This is imperfect because some may have changed since the last order. How you handle changes will dictate how you handle double check this. Even going through and looking them all up is easier than the alternative.

Then do whatever you need to do to get the rest of the names that didn’t show up in the sales report (different date range, hand entry, etc.)

Another caveat is that Primary address is not necessarily the same as the club shipping address, but often there is no Primary designated when there is a club address different than the billing.