RED TAGGING guests

Is there a way to “RED TAG” guests? For example, they have multiple declines but they come in on a super busy day, so they sort of get past the checkpoint??? It would be handy to see a banner across the main screen so it is obvious that they are not up to date with cc info.

You can manually flag a customer’s account in the notes section. I don’t think there’s anything automated that matches the criteria you seek, sadly.

Manual flags as Ed pointed out. Also, the system does generate a flag message if the last club order declined. Which is great, but if they come in and purchase their order in the TR, the flag message will still be hanging there causing confusion every time the customer visits.

The flag won’t clear until the next club order run, or you have to remember to manually clear the flag message by clicking Skip on the member in club processing.

An oft requested feature is to be able to clear that flag in the POS, but that probably won’t happen. For now, rather than have staff execute the twisty maze, I have them fill out a paper form…

Hey ElJefe - I have never seen a flag message generated on our screens. Do
I need to turn that cool little feature on? Can you take a screen shot of
what that looks like? The little things in life…! :slight_smile:

Kris Curran
D’Alfonso-Curran Wines
4457 Santa Rosa Road Ste. #5
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-9463 Winery
(805) 736-9411 FAX
(805) 588-0152 Cell
www.dcwines.com

You only get the flag when you are running orders in club processing and get a decline. Any other order with a decline does not show it:

Jefe - you use an iPad - I don’t see quite the same thing when I run clubs.

Vin65 - Is there anyway we can see something on the CONTACTS page in ADMIN
PANEL (see screen shot = the first one) that easily shows that their last
transaction was declined or that cc needs to be updated or a red
banner/flag or some sort of an alert? The system knows that information it
would just be great to have that information on the first screen in
“contacts” so you don’t have to do a complete search on the client when you
have 50 other people waiting to get through the door. Pretty Please!!! :slight_smile:
Kris

Kris Curran
D’Alfonso-Curran Wines
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-9463 Winery
(805) 736-9411 FAX
(805) 588-0152 Cell
www.dcwines.com

2 Likes

I recommend submitting a feature request.

https://www.vin65.com/Resources/Support

Thanks ED,
Just tried that but something strange happened when I hit the SUBMIT
button: it just disappeared, no thanks for you brilliant idea, no laughter,
nothing…just gone. I think they are lying when they say they “will let
it rot” - I think they vaporize the requests!!! :slight_smile:
Kris

Kris Curran
D’Alfonso-Curran Wines
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-9463 Winery
(805) 736-9411 FAX
(805) 588-0152 Cell
www.dcwines.com

1 Like

Be patient. If you give it 2-3 weeks, you’ll find your feature request was even more ignored than you could have ever imagined.

2 Likes

BWAHAHAHA! Nothing like ending a Friday work day on a good note! :slight_smile:
Thanks for the laugh Ed…and V65!!!
Kris

Kris Curran
D’Alfonso-Curran Wines
Lompoc, CA 93436
(805) 736-9463 Winery
(805) 736-9411 FAX
(805) 588-0152 Cell
www.dcwines.com

1 Like

I know this post is a little late, but maybe it will help those who still have some of these issues. There IS a way to clear the “Declined” flag through the POS. If as ElJefe says, a member comes into the tasting room to pick up their order that has been declined there is a procedure that will process the order via the original club processing that you can do through the POS:

1. Update the member’s credit card through the POS, being sure to check the “Update Membership” box.
  2. Go to “Orders” in “Manage Contact”.
  3. Select “Show Pending” in the upper right.
  4. Select the pending club order marked with status “Declined”.
  5. Select “Resume Order” in the upper right. This will take you back to the POS with their club order pulled up in the window.
  6. Simply finalize the transaction as you would any other through the POS. Or make any changes to the order as necessary before finalizing.
  7. The Flag will be removed as the original order that caused the Flag has been dealt with, as opposed to creating a new one.
    BONUS: it actually registers as a club order in the system, as it should.

Our tasting room staff is trained in this procedure so that we don’t have to rely on one person to handle this on a busy day. Hope this was helpful.