New flag feature request on email bounces

I am putting “bad email” flags manually now by downloading my club lists, sorting by email status, and entering flags on each member that is bouncing - so that staff can ask for a new address if the member comes in or calls. ZZZZzzzzz…

How about a flag (like cc declines on last process) that pops up if the member email is in a bounce state?

And the flag goes away when it is corrected.

Pretty please?

(Please submit as feature request if you agree!)

2 Likes

AGREE. iT WOULD BE TRULY HELPFUL.

I also want to continue to request that these things go on the dashboard. While I appreciate that many things we would like to see fixed in the system might be difficult and require lots of reprogramming and testing, simply flagging and displaying the issue should be more achievable. Let’s start seeing the dashboard get some of these items now so that we all know where the problems are. I would also like to see an immediate flag or alert when we get a bounce using the POS to send out receipts. Many of the future problems can be avoided while the customer is standing in front of you.

Finally, whatever happened to the “universal customer” concept announced last year? I was hoping that emails, credit card updates, etc. would be flowing from that process but I have never heard any more about it. If someone can provide an update that would be great. This was supposed to work like Square for those that opt in to participate and I believe could be very helpful in getting better data in the system.

1 Like

YES. To both the flag and the dashboard alert.We have been manually entering flags for these, too. Tedious to add and constantly reminding people to remove the flags after they update the info.

1 Like

Would really like to see a bounce alert on the POS when the customer is checking out and their receipt is bouncing back.

1 Like

How about the ability to use contact types or even better email status to create carrots? Create a carrot to alert staff at the POS that the customer/club member’s email status is hard or soft bounce, and then once you update the email address the email status resets (right?) and problem solved.

I think that’s what we are asking for. Right now all steps are manual.