Setting up tax rates

How do you set up different tax rates for different POS locations to charge? There is 2 % difference between two of our locations. This is Texas.

Plus when we do a festival, that tax rate has to be changed for the POS.

Does a Shipcompliant account help with this, or would it only help with out of state shipping?

Thank you.

An interesting question!

I’m not aware of a way to do this. I would contact support and see if they can help you.

Very good idea. I did contact them. They said that if I connected a ShipCompliant account then it would charge the tax rate of the zip for the location of the “pickup” of an order or the tax rate of the zip code of where an order is shipped.

So for “picked up” orders, we are good. This would solve the problem of my two locations for pickup, but in Texas for Texas deliveries we charge the tax rate of our “shipped from location” not the tax rate where the package is received.

At least we have something to try.

We could also charge the lower tax rate and just pay the higher tax rate some of the time. We will work on this some more.

Thanks

It would be awesome if you could set that in POS profiles wouldn’t it?

1 Like

Even better - GPS :slight_smile:

Yes, that is how many other winery software solutions handle it. A friend was just showing me how that is how they do it with their software.

Hmmm, actually, I would prefer to just put the zip code in rather than GPS since I often do work on the backend to help someone else who is making the sale elsewhere.

1 Like