Soft Bounce - Further Clarification Request

Hello. I understand the difference between soft and hard bounces, and I’ve seen some tips on how to ‘fix’ soft bounces like opting them back in through your website.

But can someone clarify what happens to the contact after the first soft bounce? If they soft bounce once, will they just continue to keep soft bouncing on future campaigns unless the contact has been corrected (by making a purchase, filling out the opt in form on their behalf, etc)?

I have about 350 soft bounces on a recent email campaign that I’m hoping to not have to opt-in manually and have them get the opt-in confirmation email in the process without knowing why.

edit to original post: I also noticed that I had 55 people whose email soft bounced, but they opened it. From what I could look up, many times when and email is soft bounced, it might attempt to go through at a later time. So how do we know which soft bounces are delivered vs. not?

I’m having the same issue. For some reason, emails through Club Processing ‘soft bounce’ for certain customers when they have no trouble receiving Action Emails, Newsletters, etc. The only solution is to make a spread sheet & manually email them. What’s the fix?

It kind of depends on how the recipient’s email service handles things, as soft bounces can be a variety of things like full inboxes, mis-configured MX records and other technical errors. Sometimes they might go through, sometimes they won’t.

As far as the other issues go, I believe some of WineDirect’s emails go out over SendGrid and the others don’t, so that may be where deliverability inconsistencies. Pop up.

@kelton get in here and explain how it works.

That’s interesting information. More consistency would be the ideal fix. I may create an alternate wine club ‘Time to Pick Up’ email and send it out as an Action Email. Thanks for replying!