Tasting Room POS Alternatives?

Is anyone aware of a stable tasting room POS that works with Vin65? We have found that Vin65 Point of Sale is barely usable in a busy tasting room. I’ll spare the long list of reasons why we are so dissatisfied with the Vin65 POS but stability issues and WAY too many steps to get things done top the list. We like the online and admin portions of Vin65 but the POS is very difficult to use and slow so we are looking for a point of sale that is compatible with Vin65. Appreciate any suggestions.

1 Like

Hi TImAFW,
I had to ask about your wireless network and how you have it arranged? Is your wireless access point (AP) anywhere near your POS stations? Also, are they 802.11a compatible?
The reason i ask is if you are using iPad, iPhone or some other iDevices, Apple and Cisco best practices state you should be on 802.11a

In our tasting room, i bought a Cisco WLC (wireless lan controller) and LAP (lightweight access points) and have them strategically located throughout. Our SSID for the iPad’s are 802.11a only and guest access is NOT permitted on that SSID.

We have excellent micro-cell coverage and have zero packet drops and the network runs very smoothly, even when busy.

If you have questions on what I did here, please reach out to me directly and I will gladly offer up some advice.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, cdjohnston. I will look into that. We went three 3 years with our old iPad POS and never had a network issue so I don’t suspect that is adding to our problems, but I will certainly look into it.

Fully agree with TimAFW.
Good thing we are still fairly small. Researching alternatives