Thermal printer for UPS labels

We are looking for a recommendation for a thermal printer to print out UPS shipping labels. Currently, we print on a laser printer (yes- old school) - where you have to fold printed label paper in half and stuff in a clear UPS pouch. We need to update our process. UPS was able to provide to us a brand new Zebra ZP450 thermal printer and it works great when you are on the UPS website. But, we cannot get the printer to work with Wine Direct. We have made this new printer the default and when we attempt to print, the thermal printer light blinks (like it is receiving information) but nothing happens. Possibly this new Zebra printer is not compatible with Wine Direct. Can anyone share with me the model of their thermal printer that you have been successful with? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

The ZP450 should work, it’s listed as compatible with Wine Direct.

Can you print to it directly from another program? It should show up as a standard printer and print like any other printers.

Yes, it I go to the UPS website I can print labels.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Can you print something else, like a word document or a pdf?

Yes, if I switch my default printer to be back to my laser printer I can print out documents, packing slips from Wine Direct, etc.

Sorry, should have been even more clear!

Can you print to your ZP450 from anything other than the UPS website?

The Zebra should be compatible with Easy Ship. I’d bring WD support into this.

1 Like