UPS Integration

Is anyone using the UPS integration to print labels? How is it working out for you?

I have been using it for three years. My experiences are mostly positive, but there are definitely some caveats.

It’s certainly better than creating labels manually in UPS World Ship, and exporting tracking numbers back into Wine Direct! It’s great for small batches of orders (dailies, small runs of wine club, etc) but there’s no way it would work for most wine club shipments over about 400 shipments.

Any specifics you want to know?

1 Like

We use it and there are some plus and minuses. It is nice to have the tracking information entered automatically and alert our customers of the tracking number as well. However, extremely detrimental come club shipment time because as soon as you create the label they email the customer with an expected delivery date. However we have to print labels in advance for club shipments due to volume and people get inaccurate delivery times. Another semi annoyance, is that it creates a file, then you open the file then you print the file, now if you’re using the same machine for invoice be careful you have the correct printer selected. All in all it’s pretty good but it has some glaring drawbacks in my mind also.

1 Like

Agreed with the wine club limitations.

I highly recommend taking the time to set up World Ship and importing orders there for wine club. Then you can import the tracking numbers into Wine Direct when UPS actually picks up.

1 Like

Overall works well for us. I use worldship for larger batches as well.