Tock as a reservation service

Is anyone using the new integration of Tock for a reservation service on their winery site?

Thank you

@EdFarmCollective I believe is?

We are. Ask away!

1 Like

I looked into it and it is a great service. I wasn’t a fan of the monthly fee plus a % of reservations fees / tickets, plus a credit card processing fee. In the end the cost was too high for us. I am sure if we did a higher volume of reservations it would be worth it, but right now we still get mostly drop-ins.

How exactly is it integrated? A widget on your website? Does it pull customer data? Do tock orders show up on Vin65?

How exactly is it integrated?
It’s similarly “integrated” to VinoVisit and CellarPass. When users make reservations on Tock, it drops a Reservation order into WineDirect. In Tock, if it can find a match, it will pull in Wine Club information and notes on the user from WineDirect. If there’s no match, it creates the user in WineDirect.

I wouldn’t call it “seamless” right now, as it’s been duplicating customers, and doesn’t bring our Tock profiling questions into WineDirect, but I’ve been promised that’s coming.

A widget on your website?
We’re just using a simple link, but you can embed a widget as well.

Does it pull customer data?
Yes, kinda. It will pull in their recent order notes and list any Wine Club subscriptions in Tock when viewing a reservation.

Do tock orders show up on Vin65?
Yes, they drop in as orders with the Reservation order type. It is kind of wonky, however (PDF ticket links that are broken).

Hopefully WineDirect will follow through and continue to build out the integration.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. It looks really promising!

Yeah, it’s much nicer than the existing, aforementioned, tools. There is a lot of potential here, but it’s just going to depend on how WineDirect treats it moving forward. I’d hate to see them abandon this like they have previous projects (coughgliding eaglecough).

I didn’t seem to understand the cost. It looked like $90 a month, but then my tasting room manager checked it out, and described a % fee and then paying the credit card %. I guess I need to go back and figure the monthly cost of the other two integrated services.

The is actually Betty Bingham, but I am setting up Steven’s account, so I guess I posted on his. :slight_smile:

I can’t speak on what type of pricing Tock provided you, but you can elect to not charge anything up front and circumvent any % fees.

Also, quick update, it seems they have fixed the duplicate contacts bug.

1 Like

Tock quoted me $199/month plus 2.9% processing fees, plus 2% fees for ticketing and reservations. I was trying to remember how comparable that was to what I used to pay for CellarPass and VinoVisit. I feel like it’s higher.

I was also told that Tock has an exclusive integration with WD, and that they could therefore add in features and improve the integration over time while CP and others would be static.

Tank Garage does not currently charge customers through Tock, so they avoid the extra fees. I guess they charge people in person during their visit or when they show up for the event. I think that Tock still takes credit card info for those reservations and ticket sales, so the customer hopefully still feels like they’ve committed financially. That could be a fair amount of work just to save a few % though.

In theory. We’ll see if that ends up being the case or not. Right now the “integration” is effectively the same as it is for VinoVisit and CellarPass. It can query existing customers, create new customers and drops in reservations as orders. The only thing new it does is identifies Wine Club members (plus a little wine glass icon). We’ll see if WineDirect/Tock follow through on future enhancements or not (shots fired, Jim Agger).

Tank does not collect credit card information via Tock and only reserves reservations, though it is not done to skirt transactional fees. Your mileage will vary based on the type of winery you have and the experiences you offer, but you’ll find that Tock does not offer any options to charge cancellation fees, only prepaid reservations and no-pay reservations like Tank.

1 Like

Tock seemed a bit pricey to us. We started with Cellar Pass about a month and a half ago and are not seeing many reservations yet. I am curious to know if Tock generates referrals of qualified buyers! Its nice to have an online reservation system, but it seems the real value is finding new customers.

1 Like

Jumping in a little late here … @EdFarmCollective thanks for all your comments! We are very committed to our new Tock partnership and looking forward to building out a more robust integration with them.

@TexasGrapes1 we have a handful of other clients who are using the integration if you are looking for more feedback we can connect you!

@rmcguire I think Ed answered your question but we have some additional info here: https://documentation.vin65.com/Settings/Integrations/Reservations

@Steven.Krueger full details on Tock’s pricing is available here: https://www.tockhq.com/pricing/

@Sarah certainly one of the goals of Tock’s platform is to facilitate discovery and drive qualified buyers. Wineries are a relatively new category for them, but they are committed to growing this segment with us. They do offer some useful tools that help upsell and increase reservation conversion. If you want to learn more please get in touch with our team here: https://www.tockhq.com/winedirect/

I ended up signing up with Tock for a trial this Fall. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me.

Interesting since Tock is a % base and Cellar Pass has a basic monthly fee, it appears that Tock would be cheaper or at least grow as business actually grows.

We are going with Tock as well.

We only have it set up for one location, but as soon as we see the correct figures going from Tock to WineDirect and even on to VingDirect, I think that we will really like it. We also havie not finished adding out our different tastings.

Hope to get our other two locations up and running soon.

WineDirect PR, look at y’all gettin’ after it!