Weekly KPIs

Awesome - thanks. Do you compare this info (i.e. Monday to Mondays, or this week week to last week, this month to last month, or is it more this day/week to lasy year’s day/week)?

Brent

We do both. Weeks and months especially to previous years. Are we outpacing last September is always on our minds. Days become trickier to handle. I think the important thing to remember, with whatever you’re building, is how seasonal this industry really is, so if your dashboard is going to compare your Tuesday to other Tuesdays, it needs to probably be ones that have fallen in the same month historically.

Thanks @MarkCrapeau @EdFarmCollective and @ElJefe for your feedback here. We’ll continue to ask other clients to get a representation of what weekly KPIs wineries from all regions and sizes are looking for as well. I appreciate the time and thoughtful responses and these are some good starting points. Cheers.

Brent,

Thank you for collecting these. I would like to request that in addition to looking at the KPI issue, that you tie in the requests to use the dashboard to help your clients find issues. While I appreciate how hard it may be to fix the programming to eliminate these, if your users could at least be aware of the potential problems, they can address them in small bites and before they cause severe customer service issues.

@MarkCrapeau - Sure thing. The dashboard view in our admin panel will get an overhaul at some point and this KPI research will play a part in that overhaul. We’re always listening and always building and each winery plays a big part from their requests. We’re still a small team, but each feature we build is linked to a need/problem that wineries have brought up to Vin65!

What is the best way to calculate ‘conversion to wine club percentage’? We have just set up a wine subscription and have members-woot! We want to know where they came from i.e. repeat customer, pos, website, etc

Your Wine Club sign-up rate will be: Number of Eligible Visitors / Sign-ups. Note that you’ll probably want to have a mechanism for counting non-Wine Club visitors separate from Wine Club visitors to keep this accurate.

Some wineries count absolute visitors. Some wineries count groups (IE a couple that does a tasting is 1 group versus 2 visitors). Whatever you prefer to do, just always keep it consistent.

Monday to Monday from year to year rather than date to date. Also, when we set monthly goals, we take into account how many weekends are in each month, but that would also effect sales charts comparing year to year. I have been wondering if it would be better for us to set goals by four week period rather than “months” to get better year to year comparisons.

FYI, I think WineDirect punted on this project and chose to partner with these folks instead:

https://www.vindashboard.com/

I agree with so much that has been said here especially Ed’s list. WineDirect could improve on reports and graphs in a dashboard. We looked at another winery software this week because supposedly they are better on reporting and inventory, as well as cheaper in price.

We do use VingDirect’s dashboard, as well as WineDirect’s dashboard, for our daily figures. We also have to do quite a few pivot tables from WineDirect data to get other figures that we would like to see.

The figures that we use on a daily basis are the total sales on the WineDirect dashboard. On the VingDirect dashboard we see graphs for each of our locations for three more figures (actually 5): 1. Total Wine Sales of wine by the bottle and by the glass (these sales do not including tasters fees, food, or merchandise). In my QBO reports I want to consider total winery sales, but for tasting room incentives, I want that figure to be for wine sales alone which comes from our “Department” called “Wine”. We also see 2. Total taster count which includes club tastings and other complimentary tastings since these do take server’s time. This is achieved through SKU’s for each tasting. Also wine club sign up numbers are there as well through the use of a SKU which is added to each new club member order. The graphs compare actual to our goals as well as comparison to sales from last year. Using these figures, sales per taster and wine club conversion rates are also calculated.

We use the the first three figures in our bonus system for servers which is paid per hour worked during the last month.

Since for us all bottles and wine by glass products have to go under the “Department” of “Wine”, I would prefer subdepartments to be more available as a filter in reports.

But I would like to see more of the data that Ed listed as well. Especially the number of bottles per order type figures.

In VingDirects dashboard each individual servers can see their own figure charted as well as the total for the group.

My husband adds that he would love to be able to manipulate the WineDirect graphs to make more comparisons as we do with VingDirect Dashboard data.