AMA: Andrea Dyck

:sweat_smile:

Course not! :slight_smile:

1. I think that good photography has always been important for winery websites. With that being said, large subtle background videos are starting to make a bit of a entrance and, for wineries, I think that they could be great in bringing the experience of the vineyards and tasting room online.

2. Carousels with rotating information are definitely a big one. I wouldn’t say that this is a time waster, but designers should make sure to implement the ability to purchase from the product list page. There are lots of beautiful wine product pages without purchase buttons on them. We want to make it as easy as possible for customers to purchase. This includes reducing the amount of clicks that are needed to add that wine to their cart.

3. They definitely make things quicker when developing a large site with lots of different types of content, but I, myself, prefer the precision that I can get without them.

4. I’m going to cheat and list two. One is figuring out how to use Content Blocks well. They can be used in so many ways and are really beneficial in allowing clients to update content themselves, but they are a bit of a learning curve. The second, is the best use for Custom Layouts. This one goes with the last one a bit, but I see lots of designers making a Custom Layout for each and each content page, when you can actually just have one and make use of Content Blocks and the Standard Layout Types to keep it more simple for a) the clients to update in the future and b) yourself. Less files to manage is a win.

5. Chocolate chips :yum:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all of your questions!

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers @Andrea!