My name is Lucas Klaassen, I'm a programmer AMA!

Hey guys, this is my first time doing an Ask me anything so fire away! I will be responding till 3pm PST.

CLOSED! Thanks for all the questions!

6 Likes

:slight_smile: I like this idea!

3 Likes

At what moment did you stop and think to yourself, “I’m going to be a designer!”?

That’s a great question Kelton.

@EdFarmCollective, has Lucas gotten back to you as to when he’s piercing his nose?

I have a question.

Lucas, you have a significant web-development background, what are a couple of design elements you frequently see on winery websites that are actually counter-productive (no naming names, obviously)?

3 Likes

@EdFarmCollective I’m sorry but the cutoff for this AMA was 3pm PST. That being said no one asked me any questions so I owe it to the people to answer at least one!

The size of fonts is currently killing a lot of winery websites today. I see too many winery websites with font-sizes ranging lower than 12 pixels. If you have fonts that are lower than 14px in size (I would recommend a baseline of 16px) and you want your users to actually read the font without increasing their browser font-size you need a code change!

For anyone looking at their site and noticing this issue, reach out to one of our certified designer for a facelift: https://www.vin65.com/Resources/Certified-Designers

2 Likes