Amazon Marketplace Integration with Vin65

Hello everyone,

We have been using Amazon for the past year to sell some of our products and in the last quarter the business just took off. We did not realize that there is an integration with Vin65 to process and track these orders and had been processing everything manually through Amazon Seller Central. It’s been tedious!

We recently found out that we can use Vin65 to run the compliance checks, process the orders and track them. However, I am concerned about how the orders are confirmed in Amazon to maintain the timely process and response rates. Does anyone currenlty use Vin65 to process their Amazon Seller Central orders? If so, what is your experience with it? Pros and Cons. etc. Thank you in advance for your feedback!!

We sell via Amazon, and also integrate with Vin65.

My thoughts:

• The system has been ultra reliable for about 6+ months now. We used to have errors in syncing, but it seems Vin65 has fixed those issues.
  • Syncing seems to occur about every 4 hours, maybe more, so you shouldn’t have any issues with late orders because of tracking number issues. You just need to make sure you end the day with all shipped orders having tracking numbers entered in Vin65.
  • Easy Ship does not work with Amazon orders. At all.
  • Your accountant will have to reconcile Amazon sales separately, as Amazon has “different” ways of calculating sales taxes and charging for fees.
  • You still have to manage inventory and product creation via Amazon Seller Central.
  • Amazon orders do not deplete inventory from Vin65
  • Communication with the customer still occurs through Seller Central
  • Cancelling orders still will happen through Seller Central, but you must also cancel it manually via Vin65 for reporting purposes.
  • No compliance checks will happen on Vin65’s side (except maybe if you have ShipCompliant?), all pre-sale compliance checks happen on Amazon’s side, on a state level only. Orders flow into Vin65 fully completed.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback! We are getting ready to move forward with this and we were nervous about outcomes after implementation. Your feedback was very helpful!! :slight_smile:

Ive been in contact with Amazon, Vin65 and ShippingEasy to get our systems all setup and integrated. I found out from our Amazon rep that NO COMPLIANCE checks are done to ANY AMAZON ORDER whatsoever. They simply “turn on” states that you provided licensing for. This is all done manually during account setup with them. No compliance checks of any kind are performed by Amazon at any time. However, after chatting with Vin65 I found out that the compliance checks done via ShipCompliant actually occur on all the orders after they are uploaded or entered into Vin65. My only question at this point is how the tracking information is uploaded to ShipCompliant? We haven’t started processing our Amazon through Vin65 yet, but use it for our Tasting Room and Wine Club and no tracking information is making it across from Vin65 to ShipCompliant at all. I have been told by both companies that it is “supposed” to occur. Anyone have this issue and happen to resolve it? Thanks!

I guess I should have been more clear, my apologies! Amazon provides the same compliance checks that Vin65 provides, which is state-by-state checks.

I don’t use ShipCompliant, but I remember seeing this guide to getting tracking numbers set up in Vin65. Maybe that can help?!

Thank you! You’ve been SUPER helpful and I really appreciate your time!! :slight_smile: